Sunday, March 28, 2010

Running Shoes

Ok, so this is a new way I learned to tie my running shoes and a few tips also. First, buy your shoes one full size bigger than you normally wear. I wear a 9 so my running shoes are a ten. You want to not have the laces in the middle so your foot doesn't get to tight and arch up. You want your feet completely flat when it hits the floor.



Here is an up close look.















You want to make sure your laces are so loose that you can fit your finger under them.














This is the cool part. All of the tightening goes at the top of your foot. Above your ankle.















DO NOT PULL UP TO TIE THEM!!!!!!
Bad, don't do this, it tightens the laces on top of your foot too much.














Instead pull down.














It is amazing the difference. I am not brand specific, but mine are Mizunos (Wave runner). It is best to go to a place where they can watch you run to see if your feet turn in or out to determine which type of shoe you need. I am neutral so I just got the basics. It sure makes a whole world of difference to have a good pair of shoes. Don't get me started on wearing clothes that cause no chaffing.  My arm hits my side when I run...I never knew I would love running in long sleeves???

2 comments:

the hamms said...

I love the step by step, photo directions

JSL, ABE&H said...

wow code that was a lot of detail and I bet I will still get it wrong.